Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yarn Along - 31 August

EEEEP!: Please accept my apologies in advance! I inadvertently posted last weeks link on Ginny's Yarn Along [yes I clearly was having a blonde moment!] I have added the correct link so now have two spots on the Yarn Along!

Yeah!! It's finished!
Joining in Ginny's Yarn Along

Only thing is...

I'm not the one wearing it! It looks way better on my DD! It wasn't quite long enough for me. I like things to cover up the bits that seem to have grown a bit over the years :o) I am thrilled with the way it turned out and my daughter is thrilled that it fits her so well! Doesn't she just look gorgeous?

Now - onto a UFO that I have been waiting to finish! I ran out of the beautiful hand-spun and dyed yarn I bought back in South Africa. I had to order some more - it arrived about 2 weeks ago, so can't wait to finish off this beautiful shawl which is destined to grace the shoulders of my lovely step-mother ;o)

Happy knitting...

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that was fast. Unless I commented on last week's yarn along post. :) I've been known to do that. Yes, it looks great on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Sorry Ellen. I'm not that speedy - just having a blonde moment. I was quite confused there for a minute. I saw all these comments coming in that did not make any sense at all with regard to this weeks post. Once I tested my link I realised my folly!!!

    Blessings
    Shirley Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!

    ~~Renee

    A Knitters Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks brilliant on your daughter! Very nice work. As for blonde moments, I have more than my share, and I haven't been blonde since childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous on your daughter! I'm sure she's thrilled to have it. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely. That's one of my goals in life-to knit a sweater/jumper or cardigan. FYI: I like the clock in the upper right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's such a beautiful sweater, it looks just perfect on your daughter! how lovely your making a shawl for your step mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely... you now have a good excuse to cast on something else just for you!

    San x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Shirley Ann,
    That is funny I did exactly the same thing too this week witht he link up,lol
    It is great to see yoru finished project...lovley
    blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  10. *smile* All your comments are so appreciated and fun to read. Thank you for taking the time ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.