Monday, January 30, 2023

Valentines Crochet Project

 I can't quite believe that January comes to an end this week and we slide into February. I'm quite looking foward to February because not only is it a step closer to spring but there is so much to enjoy this month. 

We have Valentines day in a little over two weeks, we have a birthday in our family which happens to fall on Shrove Tuesday or pancake day followed by Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.


I love to mark the seasons in my home with little homespun touches. For Valentines day, I have a collection of crochet and felt heart decorations that I hang on some branches.

This year I bought a little tree from Hobbycraft which I will use for Valentines and Easter. It is so sweet and I love the little lights on the end of the branches. It is far more contained that the twig branches I usually use - I love it!

You still have plenty of time to crochet up a collection of hearts for your own little Valentines tree this year. They are super quick to do and what I love about super quick projects is the real sense of achievement that you have afterwards.

This is the tutorial I used to make my crochet hearts. For the final round I used a contrasting colour which looks sweet. Don't forget to make a little chain stitch hanger so that you can hang up your hearts.

Happy crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.