Thursday, October 06, 2022

A Quilt Show, Yarn and Cinnamon Buns

What a summer! Time has simply flown by - there's been so much to do not least of all spend as much time with my youngest before she moved into her new flat in Manchester, which she did mid-September.

I was blessed to attend the Quilt show in Birmingham this year with my dear friend Jenny. She won two tickets to the show, and I was thrilled that she asked me to go with her.

We left early Friday morning in August and drove down to Birmingham together. The drive is half that fun as we had a good old chinwag putting the world to rights and generally catching up.
The quilt show was just as I thought it would be. Inspirational, beautiful and fueled with so many wonderful products, examples of gorgeous handiworks from so many talented individuals. 

The show was not actually that crowded either which was really nice. I'm not one for huge crowds but this was really pleasant, and I did not feel rushed or squashed even once.


Walking around the show made me feel so happy and inspired. The past few years have been ridiculously busy as I try to balance my studies and all the other commitments that one has in life that a lot of my sewing, embroidery and knitting has taken a back seat. 

I still don't have a huge amount of time as I enter my final year of studies, but it was nice to be surrounded by all that loveliness.
I must confess I am looking forward to the day that my studies will be done, and my life can return to some form of normality.


Autumn is now in full-swing and the Virgina Creeper is in all its glory. I'm slightly sad as I feel that we may have to get rid of it at some point. It's incredibly invasive and we are finding that it has made inroads into the interior of the garage and creeping onto our Neighbours garage which is not good. 

On the yarn front...


I listed this beautiful Halloween colourway in my shop on Sunday and it has sold out already! A huge thank you to all who grabbed a skein. It brings me so much joy that people love my yarn enough to purchase it. 

I will be dyeing up some more this weekend and will hopefully have it in the shop in a week's time.

There are a few other new autumnal colourways in the shop right now:

Apple Crisp in Autumn...



and Sunset over The Hundred Acre Wood


Now that the days are distinctly shorter and colder what better time to get into the kitchen and bake some autumn favourites.


In my home cinnamon buns are something we bake every autumn. We try all sorts of variations. The batch you see proving in front of the fire are of the regular variety. This weekend I'll be making some pumpkin caramel buns. Isn't the autumnal kitchen just so wonderful!

Anyhoo lovelies, it has been so lovely being back here and having a little chat, sharing some home happenings and taking joy in the simple things. I for one need to delight in the simple more often. 

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.