Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Knitted Cotton Dishcloths

 Hello lovelies! I hope that you are all happy and well.

Look at this! I think I've found my blogging creative mojo! It feels so lovely to create, write, dream and visit with you here!

So today I want to talk to you about dishcloths which might seem strange but let me tell you that once you use a hand-knitted dishcloth it's hard to go back to anything store-bought. They are a perfect size, absorbent, pretty, washable, and last for a very long time making them a great 'green' option.


I also love that it reflects my homespun home heart. I love creating for my home and I love seeing homespun things in other people's homes. It just evokes such a sense of peace, tranquility, and comfort when I see homespun items.

My love of hand-knitted dishcloths started 15 years ago when I spotted a post on a blog. The author was showing her hand-knitted dishcloths. 

Dishcloths! I thought - how random and why? 

But curiosity got the better of me and off I went to my local yarn shop and purchased two balls of 100% cotton yarn. Using one of my favorite knitting stitches I whipped up a couple of dishcloths. They looked so pretty and after day 1 of use I knew I would never go back to store-bought for all the reasons I mentioned at the top of this post.



It's been an age since I knitted up some fresh dishcloths because they last such a long time but for one reason or another my current stock needed replacing. After a lecture to the family on why we really should NOT clean knives blade-side up 😄 I embarked on a marathon dishcloth knitting spree. I can knit a complete dishcloth in a few hours in the evening which is a lovely way to keep hands busy...I struggle to just sit and not do anything.
 

And there we have it, some lovely navy and red dishcloths which will keep us going for a little while. I have a few more colours in my stash so I'm keen to knit up a few more and keep them to give away as gifts. I'm thinking of trying my hand at soap making over the summer so I think they would make lovely little gifts at some point. Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts? I want to say yes but we are in May already and half way through it at that!

Anyhoo lovelies, I'm going to get back to me needles and I look forward to chatting with you again very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.