Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"I Know The Plans I Have For You,"

...said the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and give you a hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11 

I've been feeling like I have writer's block and it is really annoying me! There is so much I want to do and share but each time I sit down here to blog, I find myself just staring at the screen. I suspect it has something to do with our impending move. It's just shy of 3 weeks now! Life feels like it's been a bit of a whirlwind.


In addition to our move, my youngest daughter has decided instead of going to college for two years to get her A-levels, she would rather sit the American SAT. This does make more sense as we have used American curriculum resources and systems right the way through our homeschooling. After contacting her two university choices and speaking to their admissions team, both have said they would happily accept her with the SAT and a transcript of her high school years with a GPA of 3. We have all of that except the SAT which we plan on sitting early next year.



So last week was spent scurrying about resurrecting her CollegeBoard account, gathering resources for the year and trying very hard not to panic 😁. Fortunately, I have done extensive research into this route of qualification so it was simply digging up all that info and familiarising myself with it once again. I was very encouraged after having spoken to the universities admissions chap. He was just so helpful and knowledgeable. The Lord must have been making a way because he is a huge advocate for young people who have not gone the traditional English A-level route having himself gone to university on alternative qualifications.

DD2 Tackling Apologia Biology
So Monday saw us officially starting the new homeschooling year - we want to get a head start and practise and hone the skills needed to tackle the SAT. We have three University open days booked for both our girls throughout October and November so they are looking forward to that.

DD1 - Graduated Art School with a Distinction! So Proud 😍
I think I may have mentioned here that dd1 (above) decided to defer her university place to study Illustration for a year. She has decided to take a gap year and now that we are moving wants to apply to universities closer to our new home up north. I'm so happy that both girls have chosen to study at either Chester University or York St John in York. As a mama, it would be so nice if they chose to attend the same university so at least they have the comfort of knowing the other one is nearby. It's all very exciting so we shall see how it all unfolds over the next year. 


So, as beautifully illustrated in the photograph above, taken from my front garden, you have to have a little rain and 'unsettled weather' for a rainbow to appear. I feel our rainbow has appeared we are all glad of the extra time we have this year together as a family and as a mum I am excited to watch my girls make plans and dream about their futures. This final homeschooling/GAP year is the year we hope to see their dreams turn into a reality.

Blessings to you all today 😘

4 comments:

  1. Exciting times for you all. Praying that all goes well with your move and the studies required for university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well, that Jeremiah verse was given to me by a very dear and wise friend many moons ago. When I need reminding of its truths it usually appears unexpectedly so your post is timely for me! We too are moving, totally unexpected and not something I could ever have envisioned. I have written a blog post about the whole situation if you would care to take a read? I sure would appreciate your prayers dear gal and who knows maybe this time we might get to meet? We tried to do that many moons ago when you lived up North! Love San xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! We're studying for the SAT as well. Don't get intimidated! My eldest survived... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny! Can I ask what you did to prepare and study for the SAT? Because we live in the UK and there are not many following this route I would like to get an idea on if we are on the right track.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.