Thursday, May 17, 2018

May's Beauty

I'm into my third week of my temp job and slowly adjusting to working life. I haven't felt overwhelmed by the juggling of work and home life and I have to say that is largely due to the support of my husband and daughters. They have all been marvellous, pulling together and offering to cook dinner on days they are home and popping a load of washing in every so often.


Pictured above is the view from my office. Once a week, every Thursday in fact, Brittany Ferries arrives and docks right outside my office window. His reversing skills are incredible! 😊


The garden is looking amazing at the moment. Every day something new pops up. What I love about the planting of this garden is that there was clearly thought behind the planting. Every plant is highly attractive to pollinating insects which brings the garden to life.


It's wild and beautiful. Forget-me-knots climb their way through summer flowering plants waiting to come into their own. Azaleas and Rhododendrons in hot pinks and reds are in bloom and abuzz with visiting pollinators. I have a garden bench placed in this garden and it is so peaceful and calming to sit here. Watching the birds visit the feeder, butterflies gently fluttering from flower to flower and the bees gently buzzing - bliss!


All this colour is inspirational. In fact, I've been thinking of dying up some yarn but not using acid dyes. When I first thought about dying yarn I wanted to use natural dyes so I think that I may actually do a bit of experimenting with that. Because it's a much slower, drawn-out process I would never be able to dye on the scale that I can with acid dyes, but I have a feeling I might enjoy the process more. So when my temp assignment is finished I think I will look into that. 


Can you believe that next month ushers in summer!?  We've had some beautiful weather already this month and we have taken every advantage of it. Long coastal walks....

and BBQ's of course. We managed 3 this season already! We might actually celebrate the Royal Wedding BBQ and bunting style 😁. Are you celebrating the Royal wedding in any way? Would love to hear.

3 comments:

  1. Your yard is captivating!
    Blessings to this new season of your life with part time employment. You know it is really our attitude to change that makes the difference between success or limping.
    I probably will not watch much of the wedding...I am heading to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, I can't take any credit for the garden as we have simply taken over caring for it. The lady before us was a keen gardener and lovingly planted each and every plant blooming here.

      Delete
  2. We are hosting an afternoon tea. I am thrilled you have adjusted so well and quickly back into a working life. Such a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.