Thursday, May 18, 2017

In the Making

This week it's been rather wet and rainy and I have loved it. We've had such a dry spell of late that this rain is much appreciated - at least it is by me. I was in the post office posting a yarn order yesterday and someone was moaning about the weather and the rain we've had this week. I actually don't think he really was 'that' fed-up with it, it just seems to be what the Brits do. We ALWAYS talk about the weather 😂.

Anyhoo, I wanted to share some craftiness with you today. First...have I shared this with you?

Towards the end of last year, I put together this King size quilt top using a Joyeux Noel Jelly Roll. Then I folded it up and popped it into my fabric basket as I needed to get more fabric for the borders and binding. Well, I hate to say it, but I forgot all about it until this week when I was looking for some fabric. When I pulled it out I decided that it was time for me to get the borders done and have it finished before this Christmas. I bought the fabric for the borders this week and tomorrow I shall start cutting and sewing. I think I am going to take it to a long-arm quilter to be sandwiched and quilted because it really is just too big for me to do. My little sewing machine will not cope with the quilting and to be honest, I don't have the surface space to lay it flat and get all the layers together. So off it will go and then I'll bind it when it comes back.


Next, a few new dishcloths. When my M-I-L was visiting 3 years ago, she very kindly knitted me a stack of dishcloths. They have served me well and I haven't had to replace them up until now. Truth be told most of them are still in action and doing perfectly well but I have lost a few to a few kitchen mishaps and the rest are looking a bit tired, so time to freshen up the supplies.

Look what came out of the dye pots this week...

Lots of yarny goodness all listed in my Etsy shop. Some of what you see pictured has already sold out but today I had the dye pots out and dyed up some popular colourways such as 'Miss Potters Paintbox' and 'Swallows & Amazons' both on sock yarn. If you pop over to the shop you will see that they are listed there. 

A new colourway will be joining the ranks in a few days...


'Miss Tiggy-Winkle' - the moment I saw this bubbling away in the dye pot Miss Tiggy-Winkle just popped into my head, so that's what it shall be called 😊


Finally, I wanted to show you this adorable little project bag I bought from fellow blogger and Etsy shop owner, Gilly of Gilly Makes. She sews so beautifully and when I saw her adorable little bags she had made on Instagram I completely fell in love with this little one and treated myself. It's remarkably roomy and is currently holding my Russian Winter jumper - which I STILL have not finished!

I'll wrap it up now, thanks for dropping by, take care of yourselves and I shall see you back here very soon.

Blessings in Christ...

3 comments:

  1. Ok, how providential that you just posted this about your new yarns named for Beatrix Potter colours. Too funny if you read the email I had just sent you before reading this!

    As I tried to tell you in the previous post comments and could not, I will be following your blog here or wherever it may go.

    And I wish we could borrow some of your rain...it is already getting dry here and this should not happen in May... I love rain.

    Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That is funny :D

      I hope you get rain soon!

      Delete
  2. I love that sheepy project bag. Looks like you have lots going on!! love the projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.