Thursday, December 03, 2015

Notes From the Garden...

A few weeks ago I was griping about how the birds seemed to be flocking to my neighbours bird feeder and ignoring mine. After a bit of research I tweaked a few things and hey presto ...


I once again have a busy feeder.



Regular visitors to the feeder are:

Blue Tits
Great Tits
Willow Tits 
(although could be a marsh or coal tit too, there's not much between them)
Long-Tailed Tits (they are adorable!)
Robins (my favourite)
Chaffinch 
Sparrows
Doves
Magpies (cheeky things)

Remember the tree project? I took photographs of a tree in my garden throughout autumn. Check it out ...


Lovely to see a step by step transformation isn't it? I really enjoyed this project and think I might do this at other times of the year too, perhaps take the best picture of the tree from all four seasons and make a collage from that.

Notice the dark round mass in the bare-leaved branches in the last picture - that is some creatures nest. Could be a squirrels nest perhaps?

Anyhoo, that's about it from me today. Hope you have a super Thursday :)

3 comments:

  1. Well you learn something new everyday so they say, even at my age. I didn't know that squirrels had nests. I am now going to google to get some more information. Amazing the difference in a tree of such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I'd love to have a birdfeeder again, but our garden has become something of a hangout for neighbourhood cats, so I dare not. Some of them love to go after birds. So I'll just come back here and enjoy your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the birds coming to your garden! So glad that they found you and are happy in your garden! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.