Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quick and Cute...

I love having flowers from the garden displayed in a little posy indoors. However I always find myself short of vases and it is often not something that goes to the top of my shopping list. I often have an abundance of jam jars lying around and wondered how I could use these as little posy vases but still have them looking sweet. Here is one little idea I came up with...


A little ribbon and a crochet rose. These little roses are really simple to whip up. Here's the pattern...

Crochet Rose (UK terms)

Crochet Abbreviations:
UK dc = US  sc
UK tr = US Dc
UK htr = US hdc

With 4mm crochet hook and chosen yarn (dk) make 27 ch

Foundation Row: dc into 2nd ch from hook, dc to end of row. 26dc.

Row 1: 3ch, 5tr into 4th ch from hook, sl st in next dc
(5tr in next dc, sl st in next dc) 4 times
( 5htr in next dc, sl st in next dc) 5 times
(5dc in next dc, sl st in next dc) 4 times.

Fasten of yarn, leaving a long tail for sewing up. Carefully roll petals into a rose shape and stitch securely using the long tail.

Have fun...these little roses are addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.