Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Lets Catch Up!

 Hello my lovely friends. 

How I have missed you all! 

As regular readers will know, I decided to see if I could take my legal studies further and enrolled on the Bar Practice Course last year.

It has been an immense challenge and I can see why they say it is one of the most challenging courses you can do next to medicine. 

It has been all consuming in every single way. There have been times when I thought it might never end and where I felt that I was a mere shadow of the person I once was. 

But, the end is in sight and I am slowly gaining a bit of the old me back! 

Face to face tutorials have ended and we have entered exam season which feels more managable, now that I don't have lectures to prepare for. I even have time to venture out of my study and to start playing with yarn and stitching again and I'm reading a book that is in no way related to legal studies! YAY!!

The first thing I did this week was give my home a good old spring clean and lavished some Easter love on my home by putting up my Easter wreath and decorations - a seperate post on that!

Down the Garden Path

I've also spent a bit of time getting the garden spring-ready. What a blessing!


We made a trip to the garden centre over the weekend and bought 40 primrose plants to plant up all the window boxes on the deck and the various pots around the garden. Everything is looking Easter-egg Hunt ready!


I found this ladybug mooching about in the primroses this morning. I couldn't help thinking that being the Vernal Spring Equinox today that it seemed rather fitting. Isn't it just so sweet! I am going to make this a little nature journal entry at some point.



Before we leave the garden, I wanted to show you these sweet little clay mushrooms that my daughter made. It was a craft she did for the Homeschool Nature Study members. They are so beautiful and make the most wonderful potplant decorations, especially in the winter when everything is dormant. I'll share a little reel on Instagram later this week. I just love them!

Yarn Update

This morning I dashed out to my yarn supplier (I'm so lucky to live in the same city where they have their warehouse) and stocked up on some more fingering weight yarn. I will be dying up some lovely spring inspired colours, including some more Miss Potters Paintbox. I've been out of stock of that one for ages now so it will be really nice to dye it up again.


If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you will have seen that to celebrate the official start of spring I am giving you a 15% discount on everything in my Etsy shop. Just use the code SPRING15 when you check out.

On The Needles

Like I said earlier, I have not lifted a needle, hook or yarn since September last year. But yesterday I realised that I was in a pretty good place with my revision for my first exam which is happening tomorrow (Thursday) and I have been feeling a desperate need to pick up something creative once again - oh how I have MISSED beging able to create!


I had started the Dune blanket designed by the lovely Lucy from Attic 24 about 2 years back. Unfortuntatly having left working on it for so long I couldn't work out where I was ini the pattern so I ripped it all out and started again. You can see this project on my Ravelry page and connect with me there if you use Ravelry.

I spent a couple of glorious hours yesterday hooking away while watching Miss Marple - is there anything better?

Well lovelies, the sun has just peeked out and there is some blue sky showing so I'm going to pop out into the garden and make sure the birds are all fed - I may make a cup of tea and have a little stroll around the garden to see what is new since yesterday. This is such a great time of the year isn't it?

I shall see you back here very soon. Have a wonderful Spring Equinox!

Join My Email List For Updates


Subscribe to Under An English Sky

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.