Thursday, September 23, 2021

Happy Fall - What's On...and off...My Needles


Oh my gosh! This hazy autumn weather is JUST my cup of tea! I love it! It's inspiring my creativity and I have been dyeing yarn, knitting, baking, cooking, and doing all my favorite autumn things this week!

Yesterday of course, was the autumn equinox! So officially... Happy Fall to you! 

I have finally got something off the needles! This sweet free pattern from This Handmade Life on Ravelry was really fun to knit. It's called Sweet Woodruff and was very easy to knit. I didn't use her toe pattern, I chose to use my standard favourite toe instead. I used one of my own yarns called Brooding Storm which is currently out of stock but I think this would look very pretty knit up in "Along the Tow Path".


Still on the needles is another Handmade Life pattern called Wood Nymph. For this pair I am using my "Down in the Meadow" colourway. Now I have only just realised that I have knitted this pattern before for my daughter using my "Bracken Woodland" yarn.


Now this kinda makes me want to frog my current knit and try out a new pattern. This is a very pretty pattern and easy to knit up but I quite like trying new patterns out. So in light of the fact that I haven't got very far I think I will rip back to the cuff and find something new to try.


Someting completely new that I have just cast on is the Aisling Shawl. My eldest daughter has been wanting me to knit this for her for about 4 years now. Honeslty I think it could take me a while to get through at my current knitting rate but I've made a start at least!


It's very lacy which means lots of concentration is needed. Up to now I just have not had the brain capacity - but that seems to be changing so hopefully it will be a pleasure to knit up. I'm using Drops fable in as the main colour and my own yarn, I think this was Fireside which I dyed up years ago. The closest to this that I have in my Etsy shop at the moment would be "Squirrel Nutkin Goes A Nutting".


I have been dying up some new autumnal colours which I aim to get into my Etsy Shop in the next week or so.


I'm loving the colours! They are all very much 'me' and appeal to my love of the season. I never dye huge amounts of each colour as I am and plan to remain a very small dye studio. I know some dyers dye huge amounts of each colour but I just don't have the space, time or capacity to do so. That is why you will see some colours go out of stock and come back seasonally.


Anyhoo lovelies, that's what I'm up to knitting wise. What are you up to? Creating anything lovely? Do drop me a note and let me know.

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.