Monday, January 27, 2020

Weekending

As we head into the last week of January I have been reflecting on my aim to create balance in my life. I wish it was easy as thinking it, intending it and then it just is. But it seems it takes concerted effort and the need for action 😆

I have actually made a little progress in the 'balance' arena but I know that it is going to be at least a 6 month project - mainly because I will need to trade in my full-time working hours for part-time and that takes a bit of time. So I'll keep pressing towards the goal!

On a yarny note...I still get a thrill everything I get a sale notification from Etsy  popping into my email box. This weekend I sold the last two skeins of 'Something Told the Wild Geese'.


My yarn is something that is on my 'balance' list of things to address. I know that this won't happen until after we have moved into our new home in a couple of months. I want to set up a dedicated dye studio with the hopes of growing my little business - perhaps to the point where it begins to create part of the part-time work that I am yearning for.


This weekend was the Big Garden Birdwatch. Whilst I have not created a journal page this year - although I really wanted to but I'm afraid that the weekend was taken up with other (still lovely) things. I did manage to carve out a bit of time to record my sightings. As it turns out I had a really lucky sighting day! Apart from all the usual suspects at the bird feeder, I spotted a Jay, a Heron and a Red wing!


I've only ever seen Red wings since living out in the Cheshire countryside. They are really sweet although it seems timid birds. They won't come to the bird-feeder, instead they seem to prefer to forage for their food out in the fields or under shrubs and bushes.


Look what I spotted this weekend...


You do know what this means don't you? It means that spring is coming soon. The snowdrops are always a timely reminder that no winter lasts forever! 

This last week of January seems the perfect time to turn my thoughts towards the next month and plan in some seasonal delights and to note some of the joys to look forward to in February. It's time to pull out some valentines inspired decor and take some time to quietly observe some of the simple joys that this month has to offer. I'll be sure to pop in and share my thoughts and plans.

Blessings to you all this week lovelies.

8 comments:

  1. Hello! What a lovely blog you have. Your yarn is quite amazing. I do hope you find the right house soon. Thank you for the reminder to take some time to plan for next month's seasonal delights. I enjoy celebrating those, especially in the winter when one is in want of color in one's home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, that's so kind of you to say.

      Delete
  2. The yarn is stunning, loved the delicate change of colours. Wishing you every success with your dream to establish your business just like spring I am sure it will become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! It may be a longer process as house moves have a tendency of upsetting the best laid rhythms and habits but I'm hoping that by the end of the year my business will be established enough to allow me more time at home rather than outside of it!

      Delete
  3. spring! Lovely yarn and I do love your bird sightings. Looks like you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely yarn! And to think that you dye it yourself, wow.

    The photo of the redwing is gorgeous. I can never get good bird pictures, probably because I only have a phone camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie Kate - I do enjoy the creative process of dying yarn. Selling it is an added bonus and joy.

      All my bird photos and moon photos are done with a 'proper' camera. I find that my phone camera just does not have the magnification ability required.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.