Thursday, January 16, 2020

An Explorers Spirit

One of the things that we have decided to get back into doing as a family is venturing out over weekends and visiting places we have not been to. We used to do this all the time but as I've said before, moving home has a way of changing your habits even if you don't intend on it happening...somehow it just happens. 

So when my husband woke up on Sunday morning and said, where shall we go after church? I suggested we hop over the border to Wales. Chester is situated on the English/Welsh border which is lovely because Wales is A-MAZ-ING and so SO beautiful!

Destination of choice...Conwy (pronounced con-wee)



Conwy is the most beautiful town! it's a world heritage site with the most magnificent 13th Century castle and walls. It is a quaint harbor town with picturesque views of mountains on one side and sea on the other.



Its a hop, skip and a jump away from Snowdonia so the perfect launching pad for an extended Welsh stay - which I would love to do this year! I'm embracing my inner explorers spirit this year and am hoping to make lots of lovely memories with my family and friends as I work towards creating that balance.


We started our visit with the castle of course. It has to be one of the best maintained ruins I have visited. It was fascinating to learn about it's history and of course the views from the top were just incredible. 


I'm one of those strange people that loves a good sky scape and the Welsh heavens did not disappoint on that particular day.


I love this view of the river flowing past the castle, through the harbor and out into the sea. let me tell you, there is quite a current flowing under the suspension and train bridge! I wouldn't want to fall in there.


After our visit we took a stroll through the harbor, enjoying seeing the little white boats bobbing in the water.


Then up through the quaint town where we found a small little ice-cream parlour and even though temperatures were well within single digits, how could we not indulge in having an ice-cream by the sea?

All too soon it was time to head on home but a lovely Sunday afternoon spent exploring somewhere new. Where too next I wonder?

Blessings to you all...

3 comments:

  1. Soooo beautiful!!! Wow... thanks for taking "us" there. We love exploring too... this road or that one...? especially, having moved (a couple of years ago) to a "new" area.. and yet there is still so much to see. It's called being intentional...I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to do this as well, when our children were little we went all over the place locally, now not so much. I kind of miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.