Friday, May 17, 2019

Five on Friday :: A Weekly Roundup

It's FriYAY! It's been such a lovely week here. I had a couple of friends over on Thursday for a little knit and natter where I managed to finish the first of a pair of socks. I have to say that my knitting mojo has been nil for a long time. It's only in the last month that my creative bone seems to be returning. Must mean I'm finally settling down into our new home.


I did some more dyeing yesterday. I dyed up two skeins using avocado skins, I love the muted antique-ish look. I think it would make a lovely pair of socks with a cable running up the side or perhaps a nice lace pattern.


I also did a bit of experimenting with a new colourway, I really love the way this one turned out but it has dried far lighter than in the photograph which I don't particularly care for so I think I'm going to put it back in the dye pots and add more colour and a lot more speckle.


I had to visit the fabric store this week for a zipper needed to fix my daughters skirt and mysteriously, some beautiful fabric that looked just perfect for some project bags ended up coming home with me. 


So out came the sewing machine and I've been beavering away creating beautiful bags for my Etsy Shop. I really love this fabric combo, it's so pretty. As I've been sewing and dyeing and knitting and stitching, I am finding creative ideas beginning to ping into my mind and it feels lovely! I'm hoping to have these listed in my shop next week.


These are the horses that live in the field next to our home. I think I may have mentioned before that they have a habit of staring into our living room window begging for carrots or apples. They are quite sweet and one of them in particular likes to have his chin rubbed. Jess decided to go for a walk this week to take some photographs, as she crossed the horse's field they ran to meet her. It's a little intimidating but all they were hoping for was a carrot. 

We've spotted quite a few hares in their field this week. I was surprised at how large they are, almost as big as my cats! Their large hind legs and ears are just too sweet.

All in all it's been a good week, absolutely jam-packed with all good things. I hope that you have had a lovely week too. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and I'll see you hear very soon.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week. Love the socks and the beautiful colour of the yarn they are knitted with. How nice to be able to see the horses fro your home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.