Friday, February 01, 2019

Last Week in January :: First Snow!

Happy February!

We had our first snowfall this week. We woke to a winter wonderland on Wednesday morning, I'm so SO glad to be back in the north. This is what I missed when we lived in Devon. 


I love that weird grey/blue colour that the world seems to turn when it's snowing.


...and watching the snow gently fall to the ground. I will never tire of watching it fall from the heavens, there is something quite peaceful and mesmerizing about it.


As the snow clouds move away you are left with a pastel world. Everything is muted and soft. Wednesday remained bright and cold then the temperatures dropped overnight to -6 degrees, nothing like the polar vortex America is experiencing but the next morning...


Hoar frost had formed on the previous days' snowfall. Like tiny little crystal trees, so pretty!


I can't quite believe we have reached the end of January already. I usually struggle during this month with the short days but this month has been ok. There has been much to enjoy and appreciate. February brings with it a whole lot more to appreciate and unique celebrations that belong to just this month. We have Candlemas on Saturday, Valentines Day and in our family, we have birthdays and of course lengthening days! Wishing you all a lovely weekend...

3 comments:

  1. They have snow in Devon yesterday and today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Winter Wonderland. Thankfully we are not getting anywhere near the drop in temperatures that the USA are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen hoar frost. It looks very cool!
    Mary (CactusCatz.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.