Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Little Autumnal Equinox Moments...

Goodbye Summer - Hello Autumn!

Today is the autumn/vernal equinox - equal day and night and for some the official usher in of autumn, my most favourite season just in case you didn't know already lol ;)


My front door finally has it's autumn wreath up so it's an official autumnal welcome when you arrive at my front door  :)


And right on cue the weather around here seems to be rather cool in the mornings and evenings, so we {with much excitement} lit up the fire this week - the first fire of the season.


Last week and this week we have had some unsettled weather - lots of low pressures scooting across the UK at the moment. Fortunately although we have had lots of rain we also have some sunshine each day, so I make sure that I have washing done and ready to hang up just as the rain clouds are chased away by the sun. Yesterday morning I was coming down the stairs and the early morning sunlight was soft and watery, just so pretty. I caught sight of my neighbours home one street over glistening in this soft light and just had to capture the sight. It's one of those small 'happy's' that I look for.


This morning we started off with beautiful blue sky's with clouds scudding along. The cloud has since built up quite a bit but again - take the small happy moments and treasure them. Be happy in them, it leads to a contented life :)

Happy Autumn Equinox all...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Autumnal Equinox!

    Love the picture of the morning sunlight, on the house. It is lovely to catch such fleeting moments. I'm often running to my computer desk, in the den, to grab my camera, before something changes. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a beautiful autumnal welcome to your home with the stunning wreath on the front door. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have a wonderful autumn!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a beautiful fireplace! We do not have one but I kind of wish we did at times. Lovely autumn photos and I can just breathe in that fresh crisp air!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.