Thursday, May 28, 2015

May's End in England

As the spring slowly marches towards summer, I find great comfort in noting that all is as it should be in the natural world. May is always marked by a few things that hints at the warmer months to come...

Cow Parsley or Queen Anne's Lace as it is known in the U.S.


Peonies in bloom



Fields of Buttercups and grasses



Sweet little Speedwell flowers (thanks for letting me know Gill ;)



Thickening hedgerows


Dog roses in bloom



Fiddleheads


Lambs growing fat


and everywhere you look you see Hawthorn in flower



All this 'fleshing out' of the countryside warms my heart. I do love May, and there is more loveliness to come in June! Life is good in England :)

5 comments:

  1. Darling buds of May! It all looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is, mother nature at her finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your forget me nots might be speedwell;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill you are quite right. I pulled out my wildflower identification handbook and see that it is indeed Speedwell. Thanks for letting me know ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.