Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lemon Curd Recipe


One of my dear readers asked me if I would share my Lemon Curd recipe. This one is so easy you could just about do it in your sleep! I love it - I think sterilising the jars probably takes longer than making this sticky sweet treat :)

You will need:

Juice and finely grated rind of 4 medium-sized lemons
250g butter
500g Castor sugar
5 eggs, beaten

*Mix all the ingredients in a food processor, then pour into a pan and cook over a medium heat. * Stir all the time until the mixture boils.
* Bottle in hot, sterilized jars.
* This curd has a shelf life of 2 weeks, but will keep for up to a month in a refrigerator.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Yumm!! I'll have to give this a try!! I'll have to figure out the grams...shouldn't be too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.