Monday, June 09, 2014

Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle is Back!

 Re-post 9/6/2014** When I saw this post I just had to share it again. We have not seen any hedgehogs since last Autumn, although we do see plenty of evidence in the garden that they are still faithfully visiting us in the dark hours of night! I do love Hedgehogs, they are such cute little creatures!**


THERE was a nice hot
singey smell; and at the
table, with an iron in her hand
stood a very stout short person
staring anxiously at Lucie.


   Her print gown was tucked
up, and she was wearing a
large apron over her striped
petticoat. Her little black
nose went sniffle, sniffle, snuffle,
and her eyes went twinkle,
twinkle; and underneath her
cap -- where Lucie had yellow
curls -- that little person had
PRICKLES!
 ~ The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, Beatrix Potter



This morning we had our very own visit from Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. If you have been reading my blog for a while you will remember our visits from a small hedgehog in November last year. As I was sipping my first cup of tea this morning watching the birds visit our feeder, I noticed a movement on the ground below. And there she was, a rather large hedgehog, snuffling about foraging for something yummy to eat.

The cats were quite curious initially and gave our hedgehog a bit of a sniff, but that was it. They obviously know who is not to be trifled with and wisely stepped away.



I actually got a wonderful video of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle exploring our garden, climbing on the wooden fence and even trying to dig her way underneath it, but managed to delete it off my camera! AAAARRRRGGGGG!

So instead of my video I thought I would include a delightful YouTube video of  The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle and Jeremy Fisher. We have this exact series of Beatrix Potter tales on DVD and I just love them! I know that no matter how old I get I will never tire of this particular DVD production. I get as much joy from the little beginning bit showing Miss Potter painting out in nature as I do from her delightful tales!


Have a wonderful day all :o)

1 comment:

  1. "Why Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle was nothing more than a hedgehog!"
    I love that book! :) Thanks for sharing your photos. This would be a fun post for our link up this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.