Monday, March 24, 2014

A Frosty Monday Morn...

frosty and so beautiful!


Everything is frozen - just for a while - before the warm sun melts it all away...




The tiny ice flowers build by Jack Frost are so delicate. The minute your finger gently touches each fragile 'flower' it melts away...


I have to say that I am glad that I did not plant out my little Brussel sprout seedlings, the Daffodils certainly did not look happy this morning and I would have hated to see this frost kill any small plants.





Today we are in for a warm sunny day in the East Midlands, already as I was putting out the birds breakfast I could hear the sun warming and melting the frost, tiny water droplets falling off leaves and through branches to the ground.

Wishing you all a happy and wonderful Monday :o)

3 comments:

  1. brrr.....very chilly photos. We are still cold here with very little to show in springtime flowers. Happy monday morning to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You really captured some lovely shots. Frost is such a wonder with all of its delicate patterns. Although it is still quite cold in New England, the bright spring sunshine has melted most of the snow away, and I've seen a few crocuses in my neighbors' gardens. It looks like your weather is about a month ahead of ours. I love April for all of its "springing" forth of flowers and trees. Blessings on your day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those daffodils do not look happy, indeed! Goodness. I'm glad you held off with your brussels sprouts. I'm going to be growing those for the first time this year too, and I will need to be careful I don't put them out too early. Here in Ontario the temperature is still regularly going down to -12 or so. It's rather daunting when I feel so eager to get my vegetable garden started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.