Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yarn Along : Ta-dah!

The second Shalom is finished! I was happy with number one but am happier with this one. I used a 6.5mm needle instead of the 7mm I used for the first one. The sizing is just right. I did have to buy another ball of wool though so used 6 instead of 5 this time round. I love the colour too - for some reason I have nothing purple in my closet. I love the colour so much I think I am going to have to remedy that this Autumn ;o)





It still needs blocking but at least it is off the needles.

Reading and other knits:


Well I have just started 'The Mystery Writer' by Jessica Mann. I have not heard of this author before but this book caught my eye on a recent library trip. I'll be able to tell you more next week.

As you can see from the picture I have also been having fun knitting up little acorns. These are for a little Autumn project I have in mind later on in the year. I thought that I would knit up various little components when I only have short periods of knitting time available ;o)

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along over at Small Things


8 comments:

  1. I think you could go without blocking it looks perfect as is! But then there is nothing like soft yarn that smells like flowers :) Beautiful knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colour purple looks amazing on you, and you just can't tell that you have not block it, cos it look so tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'll knit a Shalom...yours turned out beautifully, and I agree with the others, blocking? It looks terrific as is. :) Those acorns are pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fourth button was spot-on! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I am so keen to try this for myself, but I will have to play around with sizing - something I am not that confident in yet. It's on my knit / crochet to-do list... which grows longer by the day... :-) And I agree - the colour suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is lovely. Gorgeous colour too.
    Love you little acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your Shalom. It looks awesome. I started crocheting one a little while ago and frogged it as I did not like the colour. I think it looks even better knitted. The acorns are cute too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! I LOVE it! very flattering and the colours of the white and blue go perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.