Friday, May 24, 2013

Some Quick Yarny Projects

I am pleased to say that Shalom # 2 is on the needles already ;o) but I have also been playing around with some quick knits. I have wanted to pretty-fy some plain little houseplant pots for some time now and finally got round to doing it this week. I have to admit that this happened quite by accident as these were supposed to be mug cosy's. However, I was not that thrilled with the result to they were promptly recycled into pot covers. I think they look rather cute - the mug cosy's are still a WIP.



As my girls were doing their lessons this morning I decided to have a go at some granny bunting to help Lucy out in her quest for lots and lots of crochet and knitted bunting for Yarndale. She put out a plea on her lovely blog a few days ago and I thought it would be a great little project to be involved in. 

This morning I managed to get 4 triangles done and blocked. I'm pretty happy with the way the worked out. I used a size 4mm hook and Stylecraft DK yarn. Visit Lucy's blog if you are keen to join in :o)

Happy Weekending all...


Joining Linda for Creative Friday over at Natural Suburbia

1 comment:

  1. Hello Shirley,
    I really like your idea dressing up your houseplant pots with knitted surroundings. Especially the blue one with the flower is lovely.
    Best regards from Bavaria
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.