Monday, March 04, 2013

Menu Monday


For the next few weeks Dawn over at By Sun and Candlelight is sharing her 'Menu Monday' posts. I thought I would join in as I do love seeing what other mums plan for their families and some new ideas help keep my own menu planning refreshed. 

I always try to have our months meals planned out. This way my shopping lists are concise and controlled, I know what I am going to be preparing without having to 'think' about it, and I am able to schedule less labour intensive meals for busy days. Of course there is always flexibility within my meal plan. I may swap meals around within the week, depending on what is happening. This month I planned a little differently. I sat down with my girls and asked them what meals appealed to them (staying within the parameters of balanced and healthy) and also asked them if they would like to volunteer to cook 1 meal a week. They jumped at this as they love spending time in the kitchen, it is also a great way to help train them up to plan and cook meals for their own families one day.

So, this weeks line up is:

Monday, March 4th
Mom's Spaghetti Bolognaise  with a side of Steamed Veg. Apple Pie and Cream for dessert

Tuesday, March 5th
Slow Cooked Creamy Chicken served on a bed of Couscous and steamed veg.

Wednesday, March 6th
Miss J-L is cooking tonight - her family famous Smoked Bacon and Veg creamy pasta

Thursday, March 7th
Miss V-L has decided that she will make a creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pie served with a Green Salad

Friday, March 8th
Homemade Pizza followed by Chocolate Brownies and Custard or Ice-cream for dessert

Saturday, March 9th
Slow cooked lamb stew, finished off with Ice-Cream and Chocolate Sauce

Sunday, March 10th (Mothering Sunday here in the UK)
Roast Beef, with dry roasted veg and potatoes, Yorkshire Puds (homemade of course) followed by a Ginger Lime Chiffon Pie for sweet.

All our meals are cooked from scratch using fresh ingredients  This way I know exactly what is going into what we eat and I know that all the ingredients are fresh and seasonal. I have recently taken to buying only organic meat what with the whole horse meat scandal here in the UK! I know that is is not harmful or 'bad' for you - but really - I just could not bear the thought..... nuff said!

So, I would love to see what your weekly menu looks like. If you feel like joining in and sharing, perhaps you could leave a link to your post or just leave a comment? Like I said, I am always on the look out for creative, healthy meal ideas :o)

Blessings All...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Shirley Ann! Thank you so much for sharing your menu and for the link to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.