Saturday, January 12, 2013

Frugal Housekeeping

This week I came across a great deal on apples. It was too good a deal to pass up, so a bought a couple of packets.. During winter, I find that the girls don't eat nearly enough fruit, so I have to be a bit creative in this area. I pop frozen berries collected from the hedgerows onto hot oats porridge,  bake apple crumbles, fruit muffins (apple, blueberry etc), and banana breads. With the extra apples I bought this week, I made a couple of apple crumbles for the freezer. There was enough crumble topping left over to freeze for future crumbles ;o)

Today I also got round to making my own laundry detergent. It was so quick and easy. I used a recipe from Rhonda over at Down To Earth blog. I'm looking forward to seeing how many loads I get out of this and how clean my laundry comes out.

I printed off a pretty label from the Graphics Fairy just to add a little happy whimsy to my laundry days.

In the upcoming week I want to mix up some window cleaner, knit a few more dishcloths, and stitch a few cards for birthdays that are on the horizon.

Hope you are all having a snugly week-end. We are expecting our first snowfall on Sunday night/Monday. Apparently we can look forward to about 4 inches, so the girls are terribly excited *smile*. Right now I am off to get a nice beef and red wine casserole on the go and then grab a nice hot cuppa tea! :o)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.