Thursday, October 11, 2012

Enjoying Small Things...


The autumn mists have not quite ever lifted today. It has slowly developed from that typical hazy mist in the early morning to a fine light drizzle this afternoon.

It's chilly out but inside I am enjoying peace and tranquility of my home. I am sitting preparing tomorrows nature lesson for our co-op and am having a hard time keeping my mind on the task. Instead my eyes are drawn to the small comforts of home. The last of the roses from the garden that I gathered just before pruning them back for the winter...

The cheerful bunting I crocheted (gosh! how do you spell that?) a few months ago - finally having found a 'perfect' home...


small things...happy things...the secret to keeping a heart that is content with the blessings God has bestowed.

This week has felt like a bit of a tearaway week for me. I feel like I'm stuck in a ocean current and being swept along for the ride. Even so, I feel that we have had a productive school week. How does that happen? It seems like all my plans were turned upside down and inside out, like being caught in a wave and spat up on the beach. Not knowing quite how you got there, but knowing that you landed where you intended to go.

This week I have tried to keep - as top priority - the first time in the morning as God's time. I'm sure that has something to do with it :o) I'm always thrilled when I experience His faithfulness, His peace. I savor those times, it helps carry me through the many times I don't feel my spirit at peace.

I've even manged to begin my autumn window craft as I had intended! There it is...

all ready and waiting for the leaves that we have collected, (yes, we managed to do that too :o), to complete it's preserving process in the flower press. Hopefully we will be able to stick our leaves on in the next two weeks. I have also ordered some bees wax for leaf dipping. I had wanted to preserve some of autumns beauty with bees wax last year, but seemed not quite have it all together. Procrastination - it's a killer!

I have to say that to take the time out to do some of these small simple things really does help to slow life down, helps to savor the season. These are things - simple things - that have sparked the creative spirit that lives within. Too often I put off the things I want to do for the things I have to do. But making time to do the things you want to do, really aids to achieving a feeling of well-being. This feeling of peace must have some of it's roots in achievement - even of the smallest things- and from doing something small that makes you feel happy ;o). Even if that small something is creating a pretty autumn window! I'm feeling my creative juices beginning to flow - funny how that happens - once you get started.

Autumn Blessings All...

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with you, cannot believe I missed the whole moving thing!!

    Chesterfield is lovely, we spent a week in the caravan near there when Pip was six months old.

    The house looks gorgeous and the views spectacular.

    Wishing you a good week

    San x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.