Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Few Musings

I have to say that I am beginning to understand why February is a hard month to love! I didn't have this problem last year as we had just stepped out of summer and everything was new and exciting in England. Perhaps it is a sign of settling down, of England becoming home ;o) I am wishing February away and looking forward to March, who heralds Spring! I am learning to appreciate each little ray of sunshine that reaches the hard frozen earth, which is why I am quite happy to actually take pictures of such scenes -lol...

Yip, sunshine streaming through windows and lighting up some pretty spring flowers make my heart glad! That was yesterday, today is overcast and dreary again *sigh*.

Here's another little thing that makes my heart glad...

Cleo is just so sweet. We often find her in the most unusual of sleeping places. She brings a smile to my heart at the most unexpected times.

We have a birthday in the family coming up. My 'baby' is turning 12! I have just taken the beginnings of J-L's cake out of the oven, it smells heavenly! We decided to make a marble sponge - pink and white of course, although you won't see that until it's cut ;o)...

and the girls have decided to put together some party games. I love this age! I don't have to do any of that. They drew up a list of games, made a 'Pin Barbie's Hair Bow onto her Head' poster and made some great little table decorations. The cake is going to be a Barbie (yes, she still loves Barbie even at 12). So we are making one of those Barbie doll standing in her skirt of cake king of cakes. I have a few books out of the library to help me a bit with the whole plastic icing thing. My children have a VERY strong confidence in my cake decorating abilities as they point out the most elaborate creations. Clearly they have been watching far too much 'Ace of Cakes'! I'm a bit more in touch with reality and my abilities -lol. But I think I will be able to manage decorating Barbies skirt. I'll be sure to post the results.

To keep on top of the February slump, I have re-organised the 'school room' aka dining room and lounge. I love the result and am working on a bit of 'Learning Spaces' post - along with a few other gems I discovered and a few thoughts for you ;o)

I'll finish off this post with this cute little Snowdrop Fairy. My garden is full little snowdrops just about to open their lovely little flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Your cat is cute! Happy birthday to your 12 yo :) They do grow up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least February is a shorter month!
    Our cat wouldn't be caught dead in the sink, unless she was having a drink. She likes to go in other strange places though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.