Friday, December 13, 2019

December Catch Up


Hello lovelies! Gosh it has certainly been a while. I've wanted to pop up here so many times. I've started posts then deleted them. I seem to be having a small blogging identity crisis 😅.

But then I remembered why I started blogging...to share ordinary days and those bits of life that are special to me. I think I over think things sometimes! 

Anyhoo, December has brought about some really chilly weather which has been LOVELY! I really do love the frostiness and the fireside evenings.


I do hope that we get a good snowfall or two this winter. I have to say that I am huge snow lover, I just find it so magical. Must be because I was brought up in a country of hot summers and mild winters. I relish the cold northern winters.


December is always full of festive business isn't it? Although I am finding that the month is flying by in a bit of a flurry, I am enjoying the occasional festive delight. December kicked off with the one of my favourite liturgical events, the Christingle Service.


The Christingle (pictured above and below) is a symbolic object used in the Advent, Christmas and Epiphany services. 'Christingle' is a word of German origin and means 'Christ Child'.

It is used to celebrate Jesus Christ as the 'Light of the World'. It is always a lovely service and one I look forward to each Advent season.


Wreath making workshops are always popular this time of the year. Our church hosts one annually as an outreach event and this year I volunteered my services to help arrange it.



It was a huge amount of work but so worth it. It was very festive and jolly and everyone had a lovely time and made some beautiful wreaths to take home.


Sadly I did not make a wreath as I was too busy with all the background organising and cleaning up etc. Perhaps next year I shall attend the even as a guest.

What have you been up to this advent season? Anything festive and fun? 

I do hope that you are taking some slow moments to enjoy thinking about the true meaning of Christmas. I always try to slow things down this time of year and not get caught up in the worldly hype - not easy in this day and age!

Anyhoo lovelies. I must dash for now but hope to see you back here very soon.

Blessings in Christ

1 comment:

  1. so good to see you! looks like Christmas preparations are in full swing over there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.