Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Under An English Sky Podcast Returns

Hello Lovelies!

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I wanted to resurrect my podcast. I had planned to film the first episode that week but I have to admit that I kept putting it off finding any excuse why I was not ready to do so because it is kind of daunting to get going with your first one. I remembered feeling the same when I started my podcast in 2015.

Yesterday I decided to 'just do it'! So I did!

It's not perfect. I would have liked to put an intro on but honestly, I didn't want to find another excuse not to post the first podcast. I've uploaded the video and it is now live on Youtube. I'm spending this afternoon putting together seasonal intros that I can use for future recordings.

Anyhoo, here we go...Episode 1 of my podcast.


5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, so it was nice to see you starting your podcasts again. Getting to see all the projects you are working on ~ your yarn is so pretty. I fell in love with the blanket that was behind you. Did you follow a pattern, and if so, can you tell me where to find it? The colors you used are very nice. I am looking forward to your next podcast.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Candis, that's very kind of you to say and I'm glad that you enjoyed the podcast!

    So...that blanket I made about 10 years ago. The yarn would be something similar to Stylecraft so I suppose you could choose similar colours from that range. I didn't follow a pattern I simply made a chain of about 200 and then DC the stripes. As you can see the stripes are of various sizes. I actually did another one a few years later in shades of blue as a gift for my godmother which shows the stripes quite clearly. I'll try post the link here but if it does not work out I'll post it on my FB page and you can access it there.

    I'll speak about it more on the next podcast actaully and try work out what it is I did with regards to the rows.

    https://underanenglishsky.blogspot.com/2013/04/bluebell-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shirley-Ann for the pattern link, and for the picture of the blue blanket. It is so very pretty. I am looking forward to making one ~ or maybe two!

      Thank you again!

      Delete
  3. Oh Shirley... I love, LOVE, LOVE hearing your voice!!!!! I just found myself with a "new to me" computer and I can hardly hear you - thinking it is me and not "knowing" my computer. I am so thrilled to "connect" with you - here, a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bevy, I'm so sorry you cant hear me! I've just popped up onto Youtube to test the sound and it seems fine on my side. Have you tried turning the sound up on the actual video rather than from your computer?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one left for me.